1″ x 9″ Self- Adhesive Fire Sprinkler Water Decal | 1/2″ Letters | Pipe Markers
|9X1FSWDA||Gloss Vinyl Film||1″ x 9″|
|Pipe Outer Diameter||Letter Size||Kolbi Style|
|3/4″ to 1-1/4″||1/2″||A|
|Colors||Temperature Rating||Life Expectancy|
|Red Background, White Lettering||-40F (4C) to 180F (82C)||Indoors: Indefinite, Outdoors: 4-6 Years|
|Quantity||Approvals & Listings||Availability|
|One||ANSI/ASME A13.1||Usually Ships Within 48 Hours|
1″ x 9″ Self-Adhesive “SPRINKLER WATER” Pipe Marker (1/2″ Letters)
This 1″ x 9″ Self-Adhesive Sprinkler Water Decal provides a reliable and clear way to label fire sprinkler system pipes. When installing a piping system, standards from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ANSI) recommend that all piping to be labeled according to:
- The type of piping system
- The contents of the pipes
- The direction in which the contents of the pipes flow
This 1″ x 9″ self-adhesive fire sprinkler pipe marker features 1/2” “SPRINKLER WATER” lettering over a 9″ red background. The decals are constructed using glossy vinyl film, will withstand temperatures between -40F (4C) and 180F (82C), and are ideal for use on 3/4″ to 1-1/4″ pipes.
Where do I place these pipe markers?
Self-Adhesive “SPRINKLER WATER” Decals tell technicians, firefighters, inspectors, and anyone working with the piping system that it contains water meant for a fire sprinkler system. The pipe label does not include arrows to communicate the direction of water flow.
These decals should be installed on pipes between 3/4″ and 1-1/4″ in size at locations such as:
- Near valves and flanges
- When a pipe changes direction (wherever elbows are used)
- On both sides of ceiling, wall, or floor penetrations
- At any line entry or re-entry point
- Every 25′-50′ on straight pipe runs
Are Kolbi pipe markers right for my piping system?
Piping labels that use white markings on red backgrounds are reserved for piping systems that carry any water meant for fire sprinklers or fire-fighting. The Style A Kolbi labels will fit pipes with an outer diameter between 3/4″ and 1-1/4″.
After the label is applied, the piping system cannot drop below -40F (4C) or rise above 180F (82C), or it may fall off. During application, the piping system must be clean and dry, and cannot measure above 50F (10C).
Other styles available include:
- Style B: 3/4″ Lettering, Fits 1-1/2″ to 2-1/4″ Pipes
- Style C: 1-1/4″ Lettering, Fits 2-1/2″ to 7-7/8″ Pipes
- Style D: 2-1/2″ Lettering, Fits 8″ to 10″ Pipes
- Style E: 3-1/2″ Lettering, Fits Pipes Over 10″
How do I apply these decals to my pipe?
Follow these steps to stick these Kolbi pipe markers on fire sprinkler pipes:
- Be sure that the surface of the pipe is clean, dry, and measures at or above 50F (10C) before applying the label
- Determine the normal point of approach—the angle the decals will likely be viewed from
- Remove the back film
- Place the decals over the pipe and rub it until securely attached