Building owners and facility managers often find the process of replacing a fire department connection, or FDC, confusing. QRFS looks at FDCs from a buyer’s perspective, answering frequently asked questions about this important piece of fire protection equipment.
QRFS looks at three manufacturers of Storz products for fire protection: Kochek, Harrington, and Fyrelane USA, introducing their experience in the fire protection industry and comparing their Storz hydrant converters, fire department connections, and more.
A look at news with an impact on fire professionals at work outside of America's urban areas. From irreverent approaches to firefighter recruitment to mergers between small-town fire departments and wildfire preparation, here's the news worth knowing.
A Storz fire hydrant or a Storz fire department connection without a cap or plug is a rare sight—and cause for concern. QRFS takes a look at Storz blind caps, explaining what they are, what they’re made of, and what they do for an FDC or fire hydrant connection.
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Quick Response Fire Supply reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason or to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept Paypal, checks, money orders, and wire transfers. There is no surcharge for using any of these methods to make purchases. Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number (i.e. the address and phone number your credit card bank has on file for you). Incorrect information will cause a delay in processing your order. Orders are processed upon receipt of a money order or cashier’s check. For company checks, please allow up to 10 banking days after receipt for clearance of funds before the order is processed. We cannot guarantee the availability of a product by the time funds clear or payment is received. We will charge a $25 fee on all returned checks.
We will ship your product as it becomes available. Usually, products ship the same day if ordered by 3:00PM ET (UPS only, USPS will ship next business day) , or by the next business day if your order is received after this time and for orders received on Saturday, Sunday or any major holiday. This applies to only in stock items, made to order, and special items will ship when available. However, there may be times when the product you have ordered is out-of-stock which will delay fulfilling your order. We will keep you informed of any products that you have ordered that are out-of-stock and unavailable for immediate shipment. You may cancel your order at any time prior to shipping.
Multiple Product Orders
For a multiple product order, we will make every attempt to ship all products contained in the order at the same time. Products that are unavailable at the time of shipping will be shipped as they become available, unless you inform us otherwise. You will only be charged for products contained in a given shipment, plus any applicable shipping charges. You will only be charged for shipping at the rate quoted to you on your purchase receipt. The entirety of this shipping charge may be applied to the first product(s) shipped on a multiple shipment order.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Quick Response Fire Supply shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Quick Response Fire Supply shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Quick Response Fire Supply shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
QRFS SALES AND USE TAX POLICY STATEMENT
We have prepared this sales tax policy statement to explain to you when and why we collect sales tax on your purchases.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Even if we do not collect sales tax from you, you may owe sales tax on your purchase. Unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon, your state most likely requires purchasers to report and pay tax on all purchases that are not taxed at the time of sale. The tax may be reported and paid on your individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return. For more information, please visit your state's department of revenue website.
QRFS collects sales tax in states where we have a physical presence (or nexus) or as required by state law for remote sellers, currently these states are: IL, NE, PA and VA.
QRFS DOES NOT COLLECT SALES TAX in any state NOT listed above because QRFS is not required to collect sales or use tax in these states.
FOR OUR TAX-EXEMPT CUSTOMERS:
QRFS DOES NOT COLLECT SALES TAX if we have your exemption certificate on file.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that we're not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
These Conditions will supersede any terms and/or conditions you include with any purchase order, regardless of whether Quick Response Fire Supply signs them or not. We reserve the right to make changes to this site and these Conditions at any time.
Shipping Time -- Most orders received before 3:00PM ET will ship the same day, provided the product ordered is in stock. Most orders received after 3:00 PM will ship the next business day. Orders are not processed or shipped on Saturday or Sunday, except by prior arrangement.
QRFS provides you with shipping options at the checkout. Domestically all orders ship via UPS, FedEx, or USPS, unless you request different arrangements or it is beneficial in terms of cost or speed of delivery to ship LTL.
We cannot guarantee when an order will arrive. Consider any shipping or transit time offered to you by Quick Response Fire Supply or other parties only as an estimate. We encourage you to order in a timely fashion to avoid delays caused by shipping or product availability.
All returns (for any reason) are only accepted within 30 days of delivery. Special order items are not able to be returned unless it has defects. Used items are subject to the discretion of QRFS and may be subject to a restocking fee of upto 25%.
We will gladly accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Fulfillment mistakes that we make resulting in the shipment of incorrect product to you will also be accepted for return 30 days from the date of purchase. In both these situations, contact complete an RMA request on the website under the Order Status and Return link.
In the event that you order incorrect material through no fault of QRFS, may charge a 25% restocking fee deducted from the total amount of the refund and shipping in both directions is the responsibility of the buyer. All returns are only accepted within 30 days of purchase.
WAIVER, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, INDEMNITY & RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
This Waiver, Covenant Not to Sue, Indemnity & Release of Liability Agreement (this “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Quick Response Fire Supply, LLC, a Colorado limited liability company (“Seller”) that is located at 1015 East State Street, Athens, Ohio 45701 and the party clicking the “Checkbox” button on the checkout page (the “Purchaser”). Seller and the Purchaser may also individually be referred to herein as a “Party” and collectively the “Parties”).
A. Seller provides fire protection system components and accessories, which include but are not limited to sprinkler, extinguisher, hose, and standpipe system components, alarms, and the separate component parts of all the foregoing (the “Products”), to fire protection, facilities maintenance, and other professionals (the “Contractors”).
B. The Contractors then use the Products as part of the completion of residential and commercial building, maintenance and rehabilitation projects undertaken by such Contractors.
C. As implemented and incorporated into projects by the Contractors, the Products are intended to protect the ultimate end user from inherently dangerous situations (i.e., fires) that are necessarily outside Seller’s control and potentially outside the control of any other person or entity.
D. As such, the Products expose the Purchaser to the risks of legal and financial consequences resulting from the improper installation of the Products, the improper replacement of the Products, the improper use and maintenance of the Products, including fire safety personnel and property maintenance personnel, and the use of incorrect Products for the fire protection system.
E. After having been fully informed of the inherently dangerous circumstances the Products are trying to prevent, all of the Risks described in Recital D, and any other pitfalls and risks of using the Products that may or could exist, whether Purchaser has been informed of such by Seller or the Purchaser’s own advisers, Purchaser has decided to purchase Products from Seller and, as a result, Seller has required the execution of this Agreement by Purchaser to specifically, willingly and knowingly assume all such risks to the extent and in the manner set forth herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Parties agree as follows:
1. RECITALS. The recitals set forth above are expressly incorporated herein and each of the Parties admit the truth and accuracy thereof.
2. In consideration for Purchaser acquiring the Products, Purchaser, its successors, affiliates, investors, employees, insurers, successors or agents (each, a “Purchaser Party”, and together, the “Purchaser Parties”) does hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Seller, its predecessors, affiliates, members, shareholders, directors, officers, representatives, attorneys, administrators, employees, insurers, and agents, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, including all of and each of them in both their official and individual capacities (each, a “Seller Party” and collectively, the “Seller Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, debts, damages, expenses, reimbursements, promises, liabilities, obligations, actions, causes of action or suits at law or in equity, of any and every kind, nature, or description whatsoever (including any claims brought against the Purchasers by the Purchaser Parties’ customers or other end users of the Products), which one or more Purchasing Parties may have had, now have or may now or hereafter have or assert against any one or more of the Seller Parties on account of any matter whatsoever arising from the beginning of time through the date of each sale of Products, inclusive, whether such claims be known or unknown, knowable, or unknowable, suspected or unsuspected (whether arising under any written agreement, statute or common law) relating in any way to the Products (collectively, the “Claims”), and regardless of whether such Claims (or any Claim) are or is caused by the negligence of the Seller Parties, their officers, directors, employees, agents or otherwise.
3. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. Subject to the conditions herein set forth (if any), each Purchaser Party agrees to accept the Products in exchange for Purchaser’s agreement that it will never institute any suit or action at law or equity against any one or more of the Seller Parties, nor institute, prosecute or in any way aid in the institution or prosecution of any claim, demand, action, or cause of action for damages, costs, loss of services, expenses, or compensation for or on account of any Claim that may arise at any time (or from time to time) with respect to such Requested Transmission.
4. INDEMNITY. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Purchaser Parties (and each of them) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller Parties (or any of them) if any Seller Party is or was a party or is threatened to be made a party to any threatened, pending or completed action, suit, proceeding or any alternative dispute resolution mechanism, whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigative by reason of or arising in any way from any one or more sales of Products or the installation and use thereof, from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorneys’ fees and amounts paid in settlement actually incurred by the Seller Parties (or any of them) in connection with such action, suit, proceeding or mechanism.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT NOT WAIVED OR RELEASED BY THE ABOVE TEXT, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW: (A) IN NO EVENT WILL THE SELLER PARTIES BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER PARTIES OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, NO MATTER HOW CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
6. MISCELLANEOUS. The Purchaser Parties (and each of them) understand and agree that the foregoing waiver and assumption of risks Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Ohio (which law the Parties agree shall apply to this Agreement) or any other state or federal laws and that if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. Neither this Agreement nor any of the provisions hereof can be changed, waived, discharged or terminated, except by an instrument in writing signed by Seller and Purchaser. Seller and Purchaser each acknowledges that there are no other agreements or representations, either oral or written, express or implied, not embodied in this Agreement and this Agreement represents a complete integration of all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings of Seller and Purchaser with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio which will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising under this Agreement.
By clicking the terms and conditions check box on the checkout page, the Purchaser affirms that it has read this Agreement, fully understand its terms and is executing it voluntarily.