8" Fire Alarm Bell | 24V DC | 96dB | UL Listed!
- Buy 5 for $24.79 each and save 8%
- Buy 25 for $22.91 each and save 15%
- Buy 50 for $20.21 each and save 25%
- Electrically compatible with many fire alarm control panels and other low-voltage devices (24-volt)
- Loud sound is perfect for security systems, schoolyards, and fire sprinkler systems
- Easily defended against nesting birds, weather, and vandalism
- Listed for fire safety applications by UL
- Shipped from locations throughout the U.S. for fast arrival times
- Buy with PayPal or our one-step checkout
- View technical specifications
- How loud is this fire bell?
- Which fire protection systems is this fire bell designed for?
- Can these bells be used in non-fire applications, like security and timekeeping?
- Can these bells be installed outdoors?
- How do I protect this bell against sources of failure, such as nesting birds, impact, and worn wires?
Wall-mounted bells need to be louder than ambient sound levels to be heard. From ten feet away, this 96-decibel bell is louder than most lawnmowers. Here's how loud this 8" fire bell sounds as the distance between it and the listener increases:
- At 20 feet: 90dB—louder than many power tools
- At 60 feet: 80dB—roughly the volume of a garbage disposal
- At 110 feet: 75dB—more noise than a vacuum cleaner
These levels are loud enough to be heard at great distances in most businesses, restaurants, schools, and other buildings. For more information on how these estimates are calculated, check out our guide to fire bell selection.
Most users connect this 24-volt DC fire bell to a fire alarm control panel. They serve as occupant notification devices—signals that facilitate evacuation. In compliance with the 2016 edition of NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, these 8" wall-mounted bells:
- Are listed (18.3.1)
- Have a nameplate with their electrical requirements and select installation rules (18.3.2)
This UL-listed device is recommended for use in apartments, dormitories, and with other residential systems. It's estimated to cover the following distances in compliance with NFPA 72:
- Public mode (notifying everyone in an area): 10 feet with average ambient levels of 80 dB - or 35 feet at 70dB
- Private mode (notifying staff tasked with evacuating a building’s occupants): 10 feet with average ambient levels of 85dB - or 35 feet at average ambient levels of 75 dB
- Sleeping area (waking sleeping residents): 10 feet with average ambient levels of 80 dB - or 35 feet at 70dB
This 8" wall-mounted bell can also be used as part of a sprinkler waterflow alarm when properly installed with flow or pressure switches.
Absolutely. But be safe: if you’re at all unsure about doing this yourself, don’t try. Seek assistance from a qualified electrician. These low-voltage, direct current (DC) bells are typically suitable when connecting to a control panel or a transformer (a device, often found with doorbells, that reduces voltage). For connecting directly to switches, buzzers, or a building's power supply, take a look at our 120-volt bells.
With a heavy-duty steel dome housing and red enamel finish, this 8" wall-mounted bell resists corrosion and is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. But leading fire safety codes require protection—both in the form of weatherproofing and guarding—for outdoor bells installed with fire sprinkler or fire alarm systems. You can add those to your cart above or browse our selection of fire alarm bell accessories. For more, see the 2019 edition of NFPA 13, section 184.108.40.206 and the 2016 edition of NFPA 72, section 18.3.4.
How do I protect this wall-mounted bell against sources of failure (impact, nesting birds, worn wires, etc.)?
Available accessories for this 8", 24-volt fire alarm bell include:
- Air-tight, weatherproof back boxes to protect wires and electronics
- Wire bell guards that wrap around the gong to shield against (light) impact and nesting birds
Add either or both by selecting from the options at the top of this page.
|QRFS Part Number||Availability||Ships From|
|AB08-24||Ships Within 24 Hours||Arizona or Virginia|
|Gong Diameter||Depth||Base Size|
|8" (20 cm)||2.7" (6.9 cm)||4.6" (12 cm)|
|Voltage||Rated Current||Sound Level at 10 Feet|
|24 Volts DC (24V DC)||100mA||96dB|
|UL (Audible Signal Appliances)|
|Fire Engine Red Enamel|