Extinguish fires while conserving water with this 3/4 inch Garden Hose Thread (GHT) Mop-UpNozzle for fighting wildfires. In wildland firefighting, fires with little or no visible flames fester in hot spots that can, under the right conditions, burst into flames. This solid brass nozzle is constructed to a Forest Service Specification (FSS) specific to mop-up applications, helping firefighters quench smoldering flames with:
- High-velocity low-volume sprays
- Straight streams
- Low-velocity high-volume spray
Manufactured by S&H Fire Products, one of the world's leading suppliers of wildland fire gear and forestry firefighting equipment, the NZ-MOP Mop-Up Nozzle uses a 3/4 inch GHTinlet,¬ùa smaller thread reserved largely for applications where water resources are scarce. Flow rates include a 4 GPM low-volume spray pattern, a 5 GPM high-volume low-velocity pattern, and 8 GPM straight stream tip.
S&H designed the mop-up nozzle to be virtually indestructible in wildland firefighting applications. In compliance with FSS 5100-243C, this essential piece of wildland firefighting gear:
- Opens through counterclockwise rotation, beginning with a high-velocity spray, then a wide-angle spray, straight stream, and low-velocity high-volume spray
- Features a knurled barrel and spindle base to reduce slipping
- Is free of pinholes, cracks, and defects
- Is hydrostatically tested to 450 PSI
This 3/4 inch GHT nozzle is a lightweight addition to wildland firefighting gear, and the ideal choice for eliminating hot spots such as burning embers, charred tree trunks, and almost anything that could potentially reignite.