This 3 in. SprinkFLEX 90-Degree Confined Space Elbow is designed for installers placing concealed pendent fire sprinklers in confined spaces or areas with immovable obstructions. Simply install the stainless steel elbow to a SprinkFLEX flexible fire sprinkler drop assembly, and attach a head with 1/2 in. NPT threads. SprinkFLEX products are manufactured by Anvil International, a North American manufacturer of piping system products. QRFS offers a full selection of SprinkFLEX drop assemblies designed for use in NFPA 13-compliant fire sprinkler systems. This 3 in. confined space elbow for concealed pendent sprinkler heads is made to:
- Eliminate the need for additional clearance around fire sprinkler heads in buildings vulnerable to earthquakes
How should this 3 in. fire sprinkler elbow be used?
This stainless steel elbow is designed for use with SprinkFLEX flexible sprinkler drops. Pairing this 3 in. confined space elbow with a UL-listed, FM-approved SprinkFLEX assembly allows installers to precisely and safely position a 1/2 in. NPT fire sprinkler head. This 3 in. long elbow is designed for use with concealed pendent sprinkler heads. To install non-concealed pendent heads, view our 5 in. long SprinkFLEX elbow. These elbows and drop assemblies may be installed accordance with NFPA 13, the product's listings, and the requirements of your local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
How do I install the 90-degree steel pipe elbow?
To install this 3 in. long, 90-degree fire sprinkler elbow:
- Remove the sprinkler-threaded end of an existing SprinkFLEX drop
- Connect the NPT-threaded end of the confined space elbow to the drop
- Attach the NPT-threaded end of the drop to fire sprinkler piping
- Screw the sprinkler head to the threaded end in accordance with the sprinkler manufacturer' instructions
SprinkFLEX is a registered trademark of SprinkFLEX, LLC and Anvil International.