SprinkFLEX 90-Degree elbow is designed for installers placing non-concealed pendent fire sprinklers in confined spaces or areas with immovable obstructions. Simply install the stainless steel elbow to a SprinkFLEX flexible fire sprinkler drop assembly, and attach a head with 1/2 in. NPT threads. SprinkFLEX products are manufactured by Anvil International, a North American manufacturer of piping system products. QRFS offers a full selection of SprinkFLEX drop assemblies designed for use in NFPA 13-compliant fire sprinkler systems. This 5 in. confined space elbow for pendent sprinkler heads is made to:
- Eliminate the need for additional clearance around fire sprinkler heads in buildings vulnerable to earthquakes
How should this 5 in. fire sprinkler elbow be used?
This stainless steel elbow is designed for use with SprinkFLEX flexible sprinkler drops. Pairing this 5 in. confined space elbow with a UL-listed, FM-approved SprinkFLEX assembly allows installers to precisely and safely position a 1/2 in. NPT fire sprinkler head. This 5 in. long elbow is recommended for use with non-concealed pendent sprinkler heads only. To install 1/2 in. NPT concealed pendent fire sprinklers, view our 3 in. confined space elbow. These elbows and drop assemblies may be installed accordance with NFPA 13, the product's listings, and the requirements of your local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
How do I install this 90-degree steel pipe elbow?
To install this 5 in. long, 90-degree fire sprinkler elbow:
- Remove the sprinkler-threaded end of an existing SprinkFLEX drop
- Connect the NPT-threaded end of the confined space elbow to the drop
- Attach the NPT-threaded end of the drop to fire sprinkler piping
- Screw the sprinkler head to the threaded end√Ç¬†in accordance with the√Ç¬†sprinkler√Ç¬†manufacturer's√Ç¬†instructions
SprinkFLEX is a registered trademark of SprinkFLEX, LLC and Anvil International.