This pack of 5 one-way retrofit anchoring fittings secures Loos & Co. seismic bracing cables to an existing 3/8 in. (10 mm) fastener. With a 3/8 in. fastener mount and one cable mounts, each fastener allows contractors to secure Loos-brand cables with ease. Simply loosen the fastener, slide it right in, and tighten again until firm. As part of a seismic cable bracing assembly, this fitting can help support fire sprinkler systems, cable trays, HVAC equipment, clevis hangers, and trapeze supports.
The cable bracing clip is outfitted with one mounting hole that will accept Gold (#GO3) or Orange (#OR4) cable. When applied correctly, the Loos and Co. SAFR model will maintain the rated break strength of both compatible seismic cables without the need for a thimble and may be used at both ends of the cable for anchoring equipment.
This pack of 3/8 in. one-way seismic anchor contains 5 UL-listed clips, compliant with many national and international building codes, and suitable for installation in accordance with chapter 9.3 of NFPA 13. It is also proudly made in the USA, in full compliance with the Buy American Act, and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive adopted in 2004 by the European Union.
Why should my fire sprinkler system include seismic bracing?
All seismic construction for fire sprinkler systems should be designed and completed by licensed professionals. Seismic support for pipes, especially sprinkler pipes, is critical for two reasons: 1) minimizing stress in piping, and 2) minimizing damaging forces in the event of an earthquake. This is accomplished with a careful balance of flexibility and rigidity in the piping that assures the piping will move with√Ç¬†the building, instead of a direction that could cause significant damage to the piping, the building, or its occupants.√Ç¬†
Will this clip work for my seismic bracing assembly?
Loos & Co. Seismic Restraint Clip is designed for use in attaching systems and equipment to a structural member using a 3/8 in. (10 mm) fastener. The mounting holes will accept Gold (#GO3) and Orange (#OR4) cables to maintain existing breaking strengths up to 1,700 pounds.
Browse our selection of bracing cable and anchoring components, including:
- Loos & Co. Seismic Cable | Gold Wire | 250 ft. Spool | Size 3 | GO3-CBL
- Loos & Co. Seismic Cable | Orange Wire | 250 ft. Spool | Size 4 | OR4-CBL
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 2 Way | 3/8 in. | SAF2-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 3/8 in. | SAF-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | Low Pry Seismic | 3/8 in. | LPF-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 2 Way | 3/8 in. | Retrofit
- Rod anchors, clamps, and other pipe hanging tools
Hand tools available for Loos & Co. seismic bracing cable include:
- Felco C9 Cable Cutter | 1/4 in. | C9
- Felco C7 Cable Cutter | 5/32 in. | C7
- Loos & Co. Hand Swager | For #3 Gold Cable | 0-3-SBHS
- Loos & Co. Hand Swager | For #3 & #4, #6 Cable | 3-346SB