- Twelve (12) Fire Sprinkler Head CabinetSKU#: 12HCAB$12.95
- Viking 135F (57C) White Cover Plate for Freedom Fire Sprinklers | 10786MA/WSKU#: VKFDRESWH$14.95 As low as $10.47
- 10" (254 mm) Fire Alarm Bell 120VAC - UL Listed!SKU#: AB10$29.95
- 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) Pressure Gauge with 1% Mid-Range Accuracy | Liquid-FilledSKU#: 201LFGAs low as $46.00 As low as $0.00
- Victaulic 135F (57C) White Cover Plate for Model V27 Fire SprinklersSKU#: DCPWH135$11.95
- 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) Underwriters Playpipe with Tip NST - UL & FM Approved!SKU#: N250PLY$299.95 As low as $254.96
- 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) Pressure Gauge with 1% Full-Range Accuracy | Liquid-FilledSKU#: 202LFGAs low as $54.95 As low as $0.00
Heat tracing can protect sections of pipe in wet fire sprinklers from freezing, providing a viable alternative to installing or retrofitting more complex and expensive dry pipe or preaction systems. QRFS explains various types of heat tape, including NFPA standards, cost, and maintenance requirements.
Increasingly complex industrial facilities need advanced fire protection and life safety systems. QRFS reviews NFPA and ICC requirements for an industrial occupancy.
The additional components required in dry fire sprinkler systems compared to wet systems can make installation more challenging. QRFS helps you understand NFPA 13 requirements for installing dry pipe and check valves, as well as quick-opening and antiflooding devices.
Closing or opening a valve can cause a sudden surge in pressure, threatening water-based systems and the people who work around them. QRFS explains the phenomenon known as water hammer, describing what is, how it works, and how it impacts firefighting and the design of fire protection systems.
Contractors of all kinds rely on concrete anchors, but these fasteners' impressive grip can make them particularly tricky to remove. QRFS takes a look at established and emerging ways to quickly remove concrete anchors.
At the fire scene, the engine company sometimes designates a person to stay with the fire hydrant while the engine and the crew advance on a burning building. QRFS explains how Carlin valves, a displacement-activated hydrant gate valve, can keep the engine company whole while facilitating safe and speedy hydrant activation.
A look at the evolution and impact of fire safety code that has caused most new commercial buildings to have fire sprinklers – and how revised code and local governments are now driving sprinkler retrofits in existing buildings.
With additional control equipment and air pressurization devices not found in wet sprinkler systems, installing a dry sprinkler system ups the complexity factor. QRFS explains components and NFPA requirements for installing dry systems in areas prone to freezing.
NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems has guided insurers, installers, and designers for more than a century. QRFS looks at the National Fire Protection Association's 2019 changes, exploring technical revisions impacting ESFR storage sprinklers, system components, and sprinkler system design.
Follow the right fire codes for business that govern fire sprinklers, fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and safe food service operations if your organization is classified as a business occupancy.