- Retrofit Recessed Fire Sprinkler Escutcheon | 3/4" Sprinklers | ChromeSKU#: 75ECRRR2PC$1.95
- 10" (254 mm) Fire Alarm Bell 120VAC - UL Listed!SKU#: AB10$29.95
- 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) Pressure Gauge with 1% Mid-Range Accuracy | Liquid-FilledSKU#: 201LFGAs low as $46.00 As low as $0.00
- 2 1/2" (63.5 mm) Underwriters Playpipe with Tip NST - UL & FM Approved!SKU#: N250PLY$299.95 As low as $254.96
- Round Pitot Gauge Kit with Notched and Straight Plastic BladesSKU#: 02PITUAs low as $149.95 As low as $0.00
- Reliable (Rasco) G4 / G4A / G5 Chrome Cover Plate Assembly 135F (57C)SKU#: RLG4CH$11.95 As low as $8.37
- Tyco 139F (59C) Bright White Cover Plate for Model LFII Fire SprinklersSKU#: TYCOLFII$9.95 As low as $6.97
- Standard Pitot Gauge Kit for Water Flow TestsSKU#: 01PITUAs low as $139.95
#169 – Fire Protection for Transient Occupancies: Hotels, Dormitories, and Lodging and Rooming Houses
Learn the National Fire Protection Association and International Fire Code fire sprinkler and fire alarm requirements for hotels, lodging and rooming houses, and dormitories.
#168 – Guide to Dry Sprinkler Systems, Part 4: Installation of Air-Compressors and Air Maintenance Devices
A dependable and properly maintained supply of pressurized air is key to the reliable operation of dry sprinkler systems. QRFS helps you understand NFPA requirements for installing air compressors and air maintenance devices.
QRFS zeroes in on two terms describing one of the most common fixtures in fire protection—pendent sprinkler and pendant sprinkler—explaining why many manufacturers favor one over the other (even if consumers don't).
Industrial-grade, glow-in-the-dark rope can dramatically improve the safety of any commercial or recreational activity where people struggle against low-visibility conditions. Learn about the Night Saver safety and marine rope.
As sprinkler systems become more common, the fire protection industry has attracted unscrupulous manufacturers and sellers of counterfeit fire sprinklers. Learn how to ID real and fake fire sprinklers, as well as where to look for counterfeit advisories.
The National Fire Protection Association has unique fire alarm requirements for each occupancy type. QRFS details NFPA code for fire alarm initiation, occupant notification, and monitoring of educational, detention and correctional, assembly, mercantile, business, storage, and industrial facilities.
A wide range of standards govern the construction and use of valves—so can angle valves designed for one purpose be used for another? QRFS looks at angle valves in fire protection, HVAC, plumbing, and beyond, discussing their construction, manufacturing standards, and suitability for various applications.
Storz hydrant converters, designed to provide quick and easy connections between fire hoses and hydrants, are improving public safety in American cities. QRFS explains why they matter, how they work, and how some cities and fire departments are financing their retrofits.
#161 – NFPA 101 Fire Alarm Systems, Part 1: Understanding Initiation, Occupant Notification, and Monitoring
Learn all the different ways a fire alarm can activate, notify occupants, and get the attention of emergency forces. In the first installment of this three-part series, QRFS explains the different methods for accomplishing each of these fire alarm system objectives.