UL-Listed Photoluminescent Egress Path Marker | Icon & Arrow Face Left | 12″ x 6″
- Buy 2 for $21.29 each and save 3%
- Buy 10 for $20.85 each and save 5%
- Buy 50 for $19.76 each and save 10%
|L0166||Lightweight Vinyl with Aluminum Backing||Photoluminescent Pigment (White on Green Background)|
|Dimensions||Listings and Approvals|
|11 13/16″ x 5 29/32″ (300 mm x 150 mm)||UL1994, ASTM E2072|
|Everlux Part No.||Availability|
|L0166||Usually Ships Within 48 Hours|
12″ x 6″ Everlux Photoluminescent Egress Path Marker with Pictogram and Arrow (White Text on Green Back)
This White-on-Green Photoluminescent Egress Path Marker does not require electricity. This code-compliant, UL-listed sign guides occupants to safety using a “running man” pictogram (symbol) and arrow that face left.
Made by Everlux, a leading manufacturer of self-illuminated safety markers, this glow-in-the-dark sign features photoluminescent white text on a green plate that measures approximately 12" x 6" (300 mm x 150 mm). Each vinyl sign features an aluminum back, and is coated in a glow-in-the-dark pigment that provides at least 90 minutes of code-compliant visibility.
This sign complies with specifications from the International Building Code and NYC RS 6.1—New York City’s standard for exit path markings—and is typically installed on fire doors within high-rise buildings. This sign may also be used in jurisdictions that comply with NFPA 101: Life Safety Code when approved by the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
Where can I use these signs?
Egress path markers may not be used as traditional exit signs because they:
- Don't glow as brightly
- Don't have tall enough letters
- Are tested and certified as egress path markers—not as emergency power equipment
Instead, these markers supplement exit signs and emergency lights where the path to an exit may be unclear. View our selection of glow-in-the-dark UL 924 exit signs here:
- Everlux's Photoluminescent 16" x 9" White-on-Red Exit Sign
- Everlux's Photoluminescent 16" x 9" Red on White Exit Sign
- Everlux's Photoluminescent 16" x 9" Green on White Exit Sign
This left-facing running-man and arrow sign complies with specifications prescribed in NFPA 101 and the International Fire Code, and meets the following standards:
- UL 1994: Standard for Luminous Egress Path Marking Systems
- ASTM E 2072: Standard Specification for Photoluminescent (Phosphorescent) Safety Markings
These signs are often mounted in locations where electricity is inaccessible. Local codes may also require door-mounted markers, particularly in high-rise buildings.
How does this sign work?
This white-and-green egress sign (with pictogram) glows after sufficient exposure to light. Note, however, that the “reliable light source” required by life safety codes typically can’t be natural lighting. Every photoluminescent sign needs illumination from an external charging light. Local fire codes may require that the charging light be on 24/7, while the building is occupied, or at other times. Always check with your local AHJ.
In compliance with UL 1994, this sign will provide a minimum of 8 millicandela per square meter (mcd/m²) when charged—enough light to be seen and understood from over 26 feet away.
Each sign can fully charge in 60 minutes when provided with a light source delivering:
- 11 lux (or 1 footcandle) of light
- A cool white source color (4000K)
These required levels of light may be provided by fluorescent and LED lights with a cool white color temperature. These lights are bright and typically reserved for indoor walkways and workspaces. Other types of lighting—even very bright incandescent (traditional) bulbs or neon signs—shouldn’t be used as external charging lights.
Everlux’s white-and-green egress path marker also meets New York City’s standards for photoluminescent exit path markings. Each can provide a minimum of 5 mcd/m² over 90 minutes when charged for 120 minutes with 21.6 lux (2 footcandles) of 4000K light.
How can I install this sign?
This single-sided white-on-green Everlux sign is designed for surface mounting on a wall or ceiling, or for installation as a single-sided sign that protrudes from the wall (sometimes called a “flag”). With this standalone sign, installers can either:
- Place heavy-duty, double-sided sign tape (or a similar adhesive) on the back of the sign
- Use drywall screws or other sign-mounting hardware, mounting along the sign’s border as needed
Contractors can also purchase one of Everlux’s 11 13/16″ x 5 29/32″ aluminum frames (available by special order at 888-361-6662), including:
- Standard slide-in aluminum frames with screws, plugs and hardware for wall-mounting (L 06 11)
- Self-adhesive wall-mounted aluminum frames (L 60 21)
- Pre-fitted slim aluminum frames (must supply your own adhesive/double-sided tape)