Solo 101 No-Climb Extension Pole Extender | 4 Feet | Smoke Detector and Alarm Tests
|SOLO101||Fiberglass||4′ (1.13 m)|
|Maximum Reach||Solo Model||Availability|
|Extends a Solo 100 in 1m (3.3 ft) increments||Solo 101||Usually Ships Within 48 Hours|
Four-Foot (4 Ft.) Extension for Solo 101 & Solo 108 Extension Poles (Solo 101)
Lengthen your Solo 100 or Solo 108 telescopic extension pole with the Solo 101, a two-pound, four-foot-long extender designed to make testing or removing electronic detectors even easier.
Each Solo 101 extends the length of a Solo 108 or Solo 100 by approximately 3.3 feet. Multiple Solo 101s may be used simultaneously, allowing for a maximum reach of 30 feet (9m) with the Solo 100 or 23 feet (7m) with the Solo 108. Together, these products offer a “no-climb” solution that balances strength, length, and low weights to make smoke detector and alarm testing or removal easy. In addition, the pull-wound fiberglass prevents electrical conduction, protecting users against short circuits.
Will the Solo 101 work for my testing application?
This no-climb access pole is not a standalone product. It pairs with a Solo-brand extension pole, along with testing or removal tools, to access out-of-reach smoke detectors or alarms.
Any of Solo’s testing aerosols—including those used to clean detectors or test carbon monoxide sensors—may be used with these extension poles (with the Solo 330 or 332 aerosol dispenser), such as:
- Solo A10 Non-Flammable Aerosol Smoke Detector Tester
- Solo A10 Non-Flammable Aerosol Smoke Detector Tester (12-Pack)
- Solo C6 Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Test Gas
- Solo C6 Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Test Gas (12-Pack)
- M8-Centurion Universal Smoke Detector Tester
- M8-Centurion Universal Smoke Detector Tester (12-Pack)
Start testing with any of these aerosol dispensers:
For more options, consider Solo’s line of access and testing equipment, including:
- Solo 100 14-Foot Telescopic Access Pole
- Solo 108 7.2-Foot Telescopic Access Pole
- Solo 200 Smoke, Heat, and CO Detector Removal Tool
- Solo 460 Cordless Heat Detector Tester
- Solo 461 Cordless Heat Detector Test Kit
- Solo 602 Pole Bag
How do I use the Solo 101?
Get the most out of this lightweight extension pole by following these instructions:
- Retract the Solo 100 or Solo 108 pole (sold separately) to its minimum length.
- Note that all attachments—whether they’re extension poles or aerosol dispensers—insert into the open end of the pole, and are held in place using a spring-loaded button and locking hole.
- First, slide the Solo 101 into the end of the Solo 100 or 108. Make sure that the button on the Solo 100 springs up from the locking hole.
- Repeat as necessary. Up to three Solo 101s may be added. However, attach no more than one Solo 101 pole if the user plans to hold the pole at an angle.
- Connect and secure an aerosol dispenser or detector removal tool following the manufacturer’s instructions. Verify that the button is lodged in the locking hole.
- Extend the Solo 100 to the desired length by depressing the spring-loaded buttons along the pole and sliding until a “click” is heard.
If possible, keep the pole perfectly upright during use, and take the following precautions:
- Stand with one foot slightly in front of the other to reduce strain and improve balance.
- Share the load with others—and take regular breaks.
- Occasionally switch the position of the pole, holding it either on the right-hand or the left-hand side of the body.
- Hold the pole perpendicular to the ground and stand directly under the top of the pole.
- If this product must be held at an angle, stand no more than 5 feet away from a point directly beneath the detector. Note that some Solo-brand products, including the Trutest, should never be used at an angle.