This 4in. x 32in. Self-Adhesive Sprinkler Water Decal provides a reliable and clear way to label fire sprinkler pipes. When installing a fire sprinkler system, standards from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ANSI) recommend that all piping to be labeled according to:
- The type of piping system
- The contents of the pipes
- The direction in which the contents of the pipes flow
These 4in. x 32in. self-adhesive sprinkler water pipe markers features 3-1/2in. ‚Äö√Ñ√∫FIRE SPRINKLER‚Äö lettering over a 32in. red background. The decals are constructed using glossy vinyl film, will withstand temperatures between -40F (4C) and 180F (82C), and are ideal for use on pipes with diameters at or over 10in..
Where do I place these pipe markers?
Self-Adhesive 'SPRINKLER WATER' Decals will tell technicians, firefighters, inspectors, and anyone working with the piping system that pipes contain water meant for a fire sprinkler system. However, this pipe marker does not include arrows to communicate the direction of water flow.
The 4in. x 32in. Self-Adhesive 'SPRINKLER WATER' Decal should be installed on pipes at least 10in. in diameter at locations such as:
- Near valves and flanges
- Where a pipe changes direction (wherever elbows are used)
- On both sides of ceiling, wall, or floor penetrations
- At any line entry or re-entry point
- Every 25-50 on straight pipe runs
Are Kolbi pipe markers right for my piping system?
Piping labels that use white markings on red backgrounds are reserved for piping systems that carry any water meant for fire sprinklers or fire-fighting. The Style E Kolbi labels will fit pipes with an outer diameter at or over 10in..
After the label is applied the piping system cannot drop below 40F (4C), or rise above 180F (82C), or the labels may fall off. The outer diameter of a pipe may be a quarter-inch, half-inch, or three-quarters of an inch larger than the nominal size (or larger, if insulating materials are installed on the pipe's exterior).
Other styles available include:
- Style A: 1/2in. Lettering, Fits 3/4in. to 1-1/4in. Pipes
- Style B: 3/4in. Lettering, Fits 1-1/2in. to 2-1/4in. Pipes
- Style D: 2-1/2in. Lettering, Fits 8in. to 10in. Pipes
- Style E: 3-1/2in. Lettering, Fits Pipes Over 10in.
How do I apply these markers to my pipe?
Self-Adhesive ‚Äö√Ñ√∫FIRE SPRINKLER‚Äö Decals use a reliable adhesive material. Follow these steps to stick these Kolbi pipe markers on a fire sprinkler pipe:
- Be sure that the surface of the pipe is clean, dry, and measures at or above50F (10C) before applying the label.
- Determine the normal point of approach, the angle the decals will likely be viewed from
- Remove the back film.
- Place the decal over the pipe and rub it until securely attached.
After the pipe markers are applied the piping system cannot drop below -40F (4C) or rise above 180F (82C), or the labels may fall off. During application, the piping system must be clean and dry, and cannot measure above 50F (10C).