This Self-Adhesive Sprinkler Water Decal provides a reliable and clear way to label fire sprinkler pipes. In accordance with guidelines from the American National Standards Institute and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ANSI and ASME), all pipes should be labeled with:
- The type of piping system
- The pipe's contents
- The direction in which those contents flow
These standards recommend using white labels on a red background when dealing with any fire sprinkler and fire-fighting piping systems. These 2in. x 14in. self-adhesive sprinkler pipe markers feature 1-1/4in. 'SPRINKLER WATER' lettering over a 14in. red background. The decals are constructed using glossy vinyl film, will withstand temperatures between -40F (4C) and 180F (82C), and are ideal for use on 2-1/2in. to 7-7/8in. pipes.
Where do I place these pipe markers?
Self-Adhesive 'SPRINKLER WATER' Decals tell technicians, firefighters, inspectors, and anyone working with the piping system that it contains water meant for a fire sprinkler system. However, these labels do not include arrows to communicate the direction of water flow.
The following are locations within a piping system where labels should be used:
- Near valves and flanges
- When a pipe changes direction (wherever elbows are used)
- On both sides of ceiling, wall, or floor penetrations
- At any line entry or re-entry point
- Every 25‚Äö√Ñ√¥-50‚Äö√Ñ√¥ on straight pipe runs
Are Kolbi pipe markers right for my piping system?
Style C Kolbi labels fit pipes with an outer diameter between 2-1/2in. and 7-7/8in.. After the label is applied, the piping system cannot drop below -40F (4C) or rise above 180F (82C), or the labels may fall off. During application, the piping system must be clean and dry, and cannot measure above 50F (10C).
Other styles available include:
- Style A: 1/2in. Lettering, Fits 3/4in. to 1-1/4in. Pipes
- Style B: 3/4in. Lettering, Fits 1-1/2in. to 2-1/4in. Pipes
- Style D: 2-1/2in. Lettering, Fits 8in. to 10in. Pipes
- Style E: 3-1/2in. Lettering, Fits Pipes Over 10in.
How do I apply these decals to my pipe?
Self-Adhesive 'SPRINKLER WATER' Decals use a reliable adhesive material. Follow these steps to stick these Kolbi pipe markers on a fire sprinkler pipe:
- Be sure that the surface of the pipe is clean, dry, and measures at or above 50F (10C) before applying the label
- Determine the normal point of approach, the angle the decals will likely be viewed from
- Remove the back film
- Place the decals over the pipe
- Rub over the pipe label until you are confident it is securely attached