Bell Guard/Wire Shield (12' Diameter)
- Recommended for fire alarm bells installed outdoors, as well as school gymnasiums, hotels, and other high-traffic areas
- Fits standard 6', 8', and 10' bells
- Durable wire features a corrosion-resistant finish
- Made for compliance with NFPA 13 and NFPA 72 rules for bells faced with damage
- Shipped from locations throughout the U.S. for fast arrival times
- Buy with PayPal or our one-step checkout
Do I need a bell guard for my alarm?
Fire bells in sprinkler systems, alarm systems, and non-fire applications face a variety of threats. Light impact, vandalism, and nesting birds can cause bells to fail or experience dangerous short-circuits.
In fire protection, bell guards help alarm bells meet the requirements of leading sprinkler installation rules (NFPA 13) and fire alarm system codes (NFPA 72). Specifically, these standards require that:
- Outdoor bells acting as part of a fire sprinkler (or standpipe) waterflow alarm be protected against impact (NFPA 13, 184.108.40.206 -2019 edition)
- Devices installed as part of a fire alarm system be protected against any damage they may face (NFPA 72, 18.3.4 - 2017 edition)
What are the benefits of bell guards?
This 12 in. bell guard fits standard 6 in., 8 in., and 10 in. fire bells. A hole in this guard's center facilitates attachment to a screw or bolt in the center of a gong. The fire-engine-red coating protects the wire from corrosion, making it suitable for installation outdoors, as well as in school gymnasiums, hotels, and other high-traffic areas.
Fits 6 in., 8 in., and 10 in. Bells
Wire bell guard
This product works perfect for protecting alarm bell from nesting birds.
Fire Alarm Bell Wire Guard
Arrived on time and fits perfect over my fire alarm bell. The installation has a profession look. This wire guard should be purchased by anyone with a fire alarm. The guard is needed to keep bird nests out of the alarm bell. Bird nests may be a source of the home fire. Best to prevent it.