Fire Alarm Bell Wire Guard
- Buy 5 for $9.19 each and save 8%
- Buy 25 for $8.49 each and save 15%
- Buy 50 for $7.49 each and save 25%
- Recommended for fire alarm bells installed outdoors, as well as school gymnasiums, hotels, and other high-traffic areas
- Fits standard 6', 8', and 10' bells
- Durable wire features a corrosion-resistant finish
- Made for compliance with NFPA 13 and NFPA 72 rules for bells faced with damage
- Shipped from locations throughout the U.S. for fast arrival times
- Buy with PayPal or our one-step checkout
Do I need a bell guard for my alarm?
Fire bells in sprinkler systems, alarm systems, and non-fire applications face a variety of threats. Light impact, vandalism, and nesting birds can cause bells to fail or experience dangerous short-circuits.
In fire protection, bell guards help alarm bells meet the requirements of leading sprinkler installation rules (NFPA 13) and fire alarm system codes (NFPA 72). Specifically, these standards require that:
- Outdoor bells acting as part of a fire sprinkler (or standpipe) waterflow alarm be protected against impact (NFPA 13, 220.127.116.11 -2019 edition)
- Devices installed as part of a fire alarm system be protected against any damage they may face (NFPA 72, 18.3.4 - 2017 edition)
What are the benefits of bell guards?
This 12' bell guard fits standard 6', 8', and 10' fire bells. A hole in this guard's center facilitates attachment to a screw or bolt in the center of a gong. The fire-engine-red coating protects the wire from corrosion, making it suitable for installation outdoors, as well as in school gymnasiums, hotels, and other high-traffic areas.