Sheared Head Shutgun | Shut Off Sheared Fire Sprinklers Fast!
- Buy 2 for $87.25 each and save 3%
- Buy 10 for $85.45 each and save 5%
- Buy 50 for $80.96 each and save 10%
|SG101||Cast Aluminum||Yellow Enamel||Closes Sheared Heads on Semi-Recessed, Pendent, Horizontal Sidewall, & Upright Fire Sprinklers|
|Hydrostatic Pressure Test||Pnuematic Pressure Test||Activation Temperature||Warranty|
|Up to & Including 9 BAR||Up to & Including 10 BAR||164F (73C)||1 Year|
|Usually ships within 48 hours|
Sheared Head Shutgun is a fire sprinkler shut off tool for sheared fire sprinkler heads. This fire sprinkler stopper gun is equipped with a fusible link thermal element that activates at 164F (73C), keeping a fire sprinkler system operational until a replacement is installed. The galvanized steel arms fit over the top of a broken frame, stopping water flow after a forklift or other impact shears off parts of the sprinkler head.
Shutgun's design allows for the closure of a wide range of sprinklers, including sheared heads on semi-recessed, pendent, horizontal sidewall, & upright fire sprinklers. Without a fire sprinkler stopper, sprinkler discharge can only be stopped at the main valve or a local shutoff valve. Fire code may require personnel to patrol the building or even evacuate until the broken head is replaced.
Sheared Head Shutgun stops water damage caused by accidental fire sprinkler discharge: vandalism, human error, and industial accidents can lead to mold, mildew, damaged carpets, and a host of other expensive issues. This fire sprinkler shutoff device is a must-have tool for contractors, movers, painters, cleaners, and anybody who works in close proximity to fire sprinklers.
1) Place the jaws of the Shutgun in the opening of the sprinkler head.
2) Squeeze the Shutgun handles to spread jaws apart. Once the Shutgun jaws are opened fully, they should fit tightly between the deflector and the water source. This may require the handles of the Shutgun to be squeezed multiple times.
3) When it's time to replace the broken sprinkler, shut off the supply of water.
4) Release the Shutgun by holding the handles and pressing the black release lever.
5) Replace the damaged fire sprinkler and turn the water on for the sprinkler system.