Institutional Shutgun is a fire sprinkler shut off tool for institutional fire sprinkler heads. This fire sprinkler stopper gun is equipped with a fusible link thermal element that activates at 164F (73C), keeping a fire sprinkler system operational until a replacement is installed. In correctional, detention, and mental health facilities, ‚Äútamper resistant‚Äù sprinkler heads are still being activated at the wrong times through accidents and foul play. When this happens, use the Institutional Shutgun to shut down the sprinkler fast, saving time and money while avoiding a large mess.
Shutgun's design allows for the closure of a wide range of sprinklers, including institutional fire sprinklers. Without a fire sprinkler stopper, sprinkler discharge can only be stopped at the main valve or a local shutoff valve. Fire code may require personnel to patrol the building or even evacuate until the broken head is replaced.
Institutional Shutgun stops water damage caused by accidental fire sprinkler discharge: vandalism, human error, and industrial accidents can lead to mold, mildew, damaged carpets, and a host of other expensive issues. This fire sprinkler shutoff device is a must-have tool for contractors, movers, painters, cleaners, and anybody who works in close proximity to fire sprinklers.
1) Place the probe of the Shutgun in the opening of the sprinkler head.
2) Squeeze the Shutgun handles to spread jaws apart. Once the Shutgun jaws are opened fully, they should hold-open the institutional head's activation mechanism plugging the water source. This may require the handles of the Shutgun to be squeezed multiple times.
3) When it's time to replace the broken sprinkler, shut off the supply of water.
4) Release the Shutgun by holding the handles and pressing the black release lever.
5) Replace the damaged fire sprinkler and turn the water on for the sprinkler system.