Smoke Centurion Smoke Detector Tester sprays synthetic smoke ideal for functional tests of smoke detectors. This UL-listed aerosol smoke detector tester may be used by hand (like a can of spray paint) or in tandem with Solo-brand no-climb testing accessories.
This smoke detector tester has low global warming potential and meets a variety of global standards, including NFPA 72. Each 2.6-ounce can is recyclable and eco-friendly, and made with materials that are:
- 100% biodegradable
Each can is packed with synthetic smoke to deliver a low cost per test.
Will this work for my smoke detector?
Smoke Centurion smoke detector tester spray covers a range of smoke detectors, including:
- Cigarette and oil smoke detectors
- Ionization-type detectors
- Optical detectors
For smoke detectors mounted in hard-to-reach areas, this canister can be used with access and testing equipment from Solo. Their durable extension poles and pole-mounted aerosol sprayers help contractors use these detector testers on ceilings as high as 30 feetno ladder needed. Solo-brand accessories for this product include:
- Solo 100 14-Foot Telescopic Access Pole
- Solo 101 Extender for Telescopic Access Poles
- Solo 108 7.2-Foot Telescopic Access Pole
- Solo 200 Smoke, Heat, and CO Detector Removal Tool
- Solo 330 Aerosol Dispenser (4 in. Diameter)
- Solo 332 Aerosol Dispenser (7 in. Diameter)
How do I use this smoke detector tester?
Prior to using this Smoke Centurion smoke detector tester, read all warnings and instructions labeled on the can. Typical instructions include:
- Shake the canister well.
- Hold the can upright and spray at a distance of 12 in. to 40 in. from the detectoror connect to the Solo 330 or 332 aerosol dispenser.
- Spray only a 1/2 to 1 second burst of aerosol at a time.
- Repeat every 10 seconds (no more than six times) until the detector activates.
What if I want to test or clean other types of detectors?
A variety of testing aerosolsincluding models compatible with Solo-brand equipmentare available:
- Solo A7 Air Duster and Smoke Detector Cleaner
- Solo A10 Non-Flammable Aerosol Smoke Detector Tester
- Solo C6 Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Test Gas
Handheld testing and cleaning equipment is also available: