Smoke Sabre Smoke Detector Tester facilitates quick and residue-free testing of smoke detector operation and sensitivity. This aerosol smoke detector tester works by releasing simulated smoke around the smoke alarm using an 8.5 in. (215mm) venturi extension wand attached to the canister. In contrast with traditional methods, Smoke Sabre's delivery system eliminates the possibility of harmful residue being left on or around the smoke detector, preventing future discoloration, damage, or even corrosion.
Smoke Sabre products are recyclable and eco-friendly, and are made with materials that are:
- 100% biodegradable
This smoke detector tester has low global warming potential, is UL-listed and meets all global testing standards, including NFPA 72.
Will this work for my smoke detector?
Smoke Sabre's smoke detector tester spray is a universal test product that covers a range of smoke detectors, from traditional sensors to ionization and optical detectors. These cans are designed to reduce contractors' costs by maximizing the number of tests per can.
Note that each tester spray can is built to work best with detectors that are easily reachable: the can will not activate unless the 8.5 in. (215mm) wand is fully extended.
For contractors or inspectors that frequently test smoke detectors, QRFS also offers a 12-pack of the 2.6 oz Smoke Sabre Smoke Detector Tester Cans.
How do I use this smoke detector tester?
Prior to using Smoke Sabre, be sure to read all warnings and instructions on the can. Some guidelines include:
- Remove the protective label from the top of the can
- Press down on the release button (located where the extension piece connects to the canister)
- Either flick your wrist or pull the wand out until it is fully extended
- Hold the can vertically, and release for only a 1-second burst of aerosol
- Repeat 1-second releases every 10 seconds until the smoke detector responds
- When finished, be sure to return the wand to its original position