Use this pack of 5 one-way anchoring fitting to secure Loos & Co. seismic bracing cables to a 3/8 in. (10 mm) fastener. With a 3/8 in. fastener mount and one cable mount, this fastener allows contractors to secure Loos-brand cables with ease. Simply remove the fastener, slide it right in, and tighten again until firm. As part of a seismic cable bracing assembly, this fitting can attach seismic bracing to steel, concrete, or wood structures.
Each of these five (5) cable bracing clips are outfitted with one mounting hole that will accept Gold (#GO3), Green (#GR6), or Orange (#OR4) cable. When applied correctly, the Loos and Co. SAF model will maintain the rated break strength of all compatible seismic cables without the need for a thimble and may be used at both ends of the cable for anchoring equipment.
Each 3/8 in. one-way seismic anchor is UL-listed, compliant with many national and international building codes, and suitable for installation in accordance with chapter 9.3 of NFPA 13. It is also proudly made in the USA, in full compliance with the Buy American Act, and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive adopted in 2004 by the European Union.
Why should my fire sprinkler system include seismic bracing?
All seismic construction for fire sprinkler systems should be designed and completed by licensed professionals. Seismic support for pipes, especially sprinkler pipes, is critical for two reasons: 1) minimizing stress in piping, and 2) minimizing damaging forces in the event of an earthquake. This is accomplished with a careful balance of flexibility and rigidity in the piping that assures the piping will move with the building, instead of a direction that could cause significant damage to the piping, the building, or its occupants.
Will this clip work for my seismic bracing assembly?
Loos & Co. Seismic Restraint Clip is designed for use in attaching systems and equipment to a structural member using a 3/8 in. (10 mm) fastener. The mounting holes will accept Gold (#GO3), Green (#GR6), and Orange (#OR4) cables to maintain existing breaking strengths up to 4,200 pounds.
Browse our selection of bracing cable and anchoring components, including:
- Loos & Co. Seismic Cable | Gold Wire | 250 Spool | Size 3 | GO3-CBL
- Loos & Co. Seismic Cable | Orange Wire | 250 Spool | Size 4 | OR4-CBL
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 2 Way | 3/8 in. | SAF2-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | Retro-Fit | ZP | 3/8 in. | SAFR-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | Low Pry Seismic | 3/8 in. | LPF-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 2 Way | 3/8 in. | Retrofit
- Rod anchors, clamps, and other pipe hanging equipment
Hand tools available for Loos & Co.'s seismic bracing cable include:
- Felco C9 Cable Cutter | 1/4 in. | C9
- Felco C7 Cable Cutter | 5/32 in. | C7
- Loos & Co. Hand Swager | For #3 Gold Cable | 0-3-SBHS
- Loos & Co. Hand Swager | For #3 & #4, #6 Cable | 3-346SB