Sidewinder Threaded Anchor for Wood | Horizontal | 3/8" Rod | 3/8" x 2 1/2" | Box of 25
|SKU||Quantity||Anchor Diameter||Anchor Length|
|Rod Diameter||Mount Direction||Ultimate Pullout||ITW Buildex Part Number|
|3/8"||Horizontal||2,249 Pounds in Fir||8022925|
|Installs In (Base Material)||UL Approval||FM Approval||Availability|
|Wood||UL-Approved for 3 1/2" (Composite Wood Joist) to 4" (Wood Timber or Joist) Pipe. 1 1/2" Minimum Wood Thickness. 1500 Pound Test Load.||N/A||Usually Ships in 48 Hours|
Threaded rod anchors embed securely in wood to suspend pipes used in fire sprinkler systems, standpipes, electrical conduit, cable trays, and more. This box contains 25 UL-approved Sammys® Sidewinder® anchors designed for horizontal mounting. Each fastener can hold an ultimate tensile load of 2,249 pounds in fir.
These American-made 3/8" x 2 1/2" Sidewinder Pipe Hangers for Wood reduce installation costs and require little or no pre-drilling. Each anchor may be installed in joists or trusses with a cordless drill or driver in accordance with these guidelines:
- Pipes up to 3 1/2" require material of at least 2" nominal width
- 4" and 5" pipe may be installed in material with a minimum nominal width of 3"
- Branch lines in fire sprinkler systems require at least 2 1/2" overhead clearance
- Main lines in fire sprinkler systems require at least 3" of overhead clearance (except for nailing strips 2" or thicker on top of steel beams)
General Application and Use:
- Hanging pipe for sprinkler systems
- Hanging lighting systems and overhead utilities
- Suspended celings
- Suspended conduit and cable trays
- HVAC ductwork and strut channels
- Mounting security equipment
Sammys® and Sidewinder® are registered trademarks of Illinois Tool Works, Inc.