Fire Flow Test Kit
- Combines the most common flow testing tools into a single kit including a pitot gauge with a straight blade, hydrant test cap, pressure gauges, and a spare ultra-thin notched metal blade
- Ideal for fire hydrants and other water-flowing equipment
- Ships standard with a bleeder valve designed to protect pressure gauges against damage
Why choose this pitot gauge kit for flow testing?
This water flow test kit contains the tools you need for flow tests in a light, compact carrying case. Every kit contains:
- Two Ashcroft 1009AW 2-1/2 in. Dry Dial gauges with 1% full-scale accuracy with quick disconnect fittings
- NIST traceable certificates
- One test cap machined from solid brass (2-1/2 in. NST x 1/4 in. NPT)
- One quick-disconnect double-ball-valve-bleeder
- One ultra light pitot gauge handles
- Two pitot blades: one ultra-thin straight and one ultra-thin notched
- A medium carrying case from Plano (16-1/2 in. x 13 in. x 6-3/4 in. outer case dimensions) — a world-famous manufacturer of hard-shell cases for the outdoors
- A 43-1/3 in. ft. roll of PTFE thread seal tape
Which dial ranges should I choose?
The analogue gauges in this flow test kit is available in multiple dial ranges. To prolong your gauge’s life, choose a range that places your expected pressures at the center of the dial or in the mid-range. For example, for testing outlets with 30 PSI choose a 0-60 PSI gauge range or for testing outlets with 50 PSI choose a 100 PSI gauge range.
|Dial Ranges||Major #'d Graduations||Minor Graduations||Smallest Graduations|
What do I do with these readings?
Pitot gauges provide pressure readings in pounds per square inch (PSI). These readings can be used to estimate how fast water flows, in gallons per minute (GPM). Conversion accuracy depends on an accurate measurement of outlet size and the nozzle or outlet coefficient. For more on how and why to convert PSI to GPM in pitot tests, read the blow linked below.