8" Fire Alarm Bell | 120V AC | 98dB | UL Listed!
- Electrically compatible with most household and commercial wiring, and ideal for flow switches & pressure switches used with fire sprinkler systems
- One of the loudest fire bells on the market—perfect for security systems, schoolyards, and fire sprinkler systems
- Easily defended against nesting birds, weather, and vandalism
- Listed for fire safety applications by UL
- Shipped from locations throughout the U.S. for fast arrival times
- Buy with PayPal or our one-step checkout
- View technical specifications
- How loud is this fire bell?
- Which fire protection systems is this fire bell designed for?
- Can these bells be used in non-fire applications, like security and timekeeping?
- Can these bells be installed outdoors?
- How do I protect this bell against sources of failure, such as nesting birds, impact, and worn wires?
Fire alarm bells need to be louder than ambient sound levels to be heard. From ten feet away, this 8-inch, 98-decibel fire bell is louder than most lawnmowers. Here's how loud this 8" bell sounds as the distance between it and the listener increases:
- At 25 feet: 90dB—louder than many power tools
- At 80 feet: 80dB—roughly the volume of a garbage disposal
- At 140 feet: 75dB—more noise than a vacuum cleaner
These levels are loud enough to be heard at great distances in most businesses, restaurants, schools, and other buildings. For more information on how these estimates are calculated, check out our guide to fire bell selection.
Most users connect this 120-volt AC fire alarm bell to an electronic flow or pressure switch. As part of an NFPA 13 waterflow alarm, these 8" bells encourage people nearby to call 911—and can even direct first responders to the location of inlets serving a building's fire sprinkler or standpipe system (FDCs). They can also serve as occupant notification devices: signals that facilitate evacuation. In compliance with the 2019 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, these bells:
- Are listed (7.7)
- Can be provided with accessories for weatherproofing and impact protection required for outdoor bells (126.96.36.199)
Typically, one fire sprinkler bell or other notification appliance is required at every system riser—where water from an outside source enters a building's fire protection system. These waterflow alarms are required with every NFPA 13 system that has more than 20 sprinklers (188.8.131.52).
This 8" fire alarm bell can also be used as a notification appliance in an NFPA 72-compliant fire alarm system.
Absolutely. But be safe: if you’re at all unsure about doing this yourself, don’t try. Seek assistance from a qualified electrician. These high-voltage, 120-volt AC (120V AC) fire alarm & sprinkler bells are typically suitable when connecting to switches, waterflow sensors, or a building's power supply. If you're looking for a low-voltage device for use with fire alarm control panels (or other electronics that have low-voltage output), take a look at our 24-volt bells.
With a heavy-duty steel dome housing and red enamel finish, this 8" fire alarm bell resists corrosion and is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. But leading fire safety codes require protection—both in the form of weatherproofing and guarding—for outdoor bells installed with fire sprinkler or fire alarm systems. You can add those to your cart above or browse our selection of fire bell accessories. For more, see the 2019 edition of NFPA 13, section 184.108.40.206 and the 2016 edition of NFPA 72, section 18.3.4.
Available accessories for this 8" 120-volt fire bell include:
- Air-tight, weatherproof back boxes to protect wires and electronics
- Wire bell guards that wrap around the gong to shield against (light) impact and nesting birds
Add either or both by selecting from the options at the top of this page.
|QRFS Part Number||Availability||Ships From|
|AB08||Ships Within 24 Hours||Arizona or Virginia|
|Gong Diameter||Depth||Base Size|
|8" (20 cm)||3-15/32" (8.8 cm)|
4.6" (12 cm)
|Voltage||Rated Current||Sound Level at 10 Feet|
|120 Volts AC (120V AC)||46mA||98dB|
|UL (Audible Signal Appliances)|
|Fire Engine Red Enamel|