Seismic Bracing Cable | 770 lb. Load (Orange) | 250′ (76 m) Spool | Loos Seismic Bracing
|OR4CBL||Orange||250′ (76.2 m)|
|Allowable Load Rating||Cable Diameter||Construction|
|From 770 lbs. at 90 Degrees to 386 pounds at 30-44 Degrees (Details Below)||0.125″-0.139″ (Approx 3.4 mm)||Steel|
|Approvals & Listings||Availability|
|UL, ICC-ES, IBC, FBC||Usually Ships Within 48 Hours|
250′ Spool of Size 4 Loos & Co. Seismic Bracing Cable (770 lbs. Maximum Allowable Load)
This 250′ spool of Loos & Co. seismic bracing cable can support loads up to 770 pounds, giving contractors a cost-effective way to satisfy NFPA 13’s standards for earthquake-resistant hanging of fire sprinkler system piping. Seismic cable bracing secures fire sprinkler pipes within a building, keeping piping intact and operational during earthquakes. Manufactured by Connecticut’s Loos & Co, this hanging wire is perfect for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and a slew of other industrial applications.
49 wires form a cable capable of supporting as much as 770 lbs in seismic bracing applications. All 250 feet of this orange cable is pre-stretched and easy-to-install. It is break-strength certified and third-party tested to verify its ability to maintain nominal breaking strength and its compliance with NFPA 13, the International Building Code (IBC), the ASCE 19 and ASCE 7. The cable is constructed using swaged end fittings to ensure a smooth and round finish and is also listed as FBC™ System Compatible with FlowGuard, BlazeMaster, and Corzan products from Lubrizol.
How does seismic bracing cable work?
Seismic assemblies aim to minimize the stresses and damage that occur during seismic activity. Seismic bracing cables provide flexibility where the building might move and rigidity where the building is expected to stay still. This will allow the building and the piping to move together, and avoid damage to the structure as a whole.
It is vital that seismic braces are laid out with care and extreme attention to the anticipated behavior of the building during seismic activity.
Where can I use this seismic bracing cable?
This 250-foot spool of orange (size 4) bracing cable is designed to support specific weights at given angles, with allowable loads including:
- 30-44 Degrees: 386 lbs. Allowable Load
- 45-59 Degrees: 546 lbs. Allowable Load
- 60-90 Degrees: 669 lbs. Allowable Load
- 90 Degree Brace Angle w/Safety Factor of 2.2 (UL): 770 lbs. Allowable Load
Seismic bracing cable should be installed by a licensed professional. Applications for this cable include:
- Supporting conduit and electrical and telecommunications equipment
- Hanging plumbing and ductwork
- Securing fire sprinkler and standpipe piping
- Suspending equipment and architectural features
Browse our selection of bracing cable and anchoring components, including:
- Loos & Co. Seismic Cable | Orange Wire | 250′ Spool | Size 4 | OR4-CBL
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 2 Way | 3/8″ | SAF2-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | Retro-Fit | ZP | 3/8″ | SAFR-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 3/8″ | SAF-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | Low Pry Seismic | 3/8″ | LPF-3/8
- Loos & Co. Fitting | ZP | 2 Way | 3/8" | Retrofit
- Rod anchors, clamps, and other pipe hanging equipment
Hand tools available for Loos & Co.’s seismic bracing cable include:
- Felco C9 Cable Cutter | 1/4″ | C9
- Felco C7 Cable Cutter | 5/32″ | C7
- Loos & Co. Hand Swager | For #3 Gold Cable | 0-3-SBHS
- Loos & Co. Hand Swager | For #3 & #4, #6 Cable | 3-346SB
FBC™, FlowGuard®, BlazeMaster® and Corzan® are licensed trademarks of the Lubrizol Corporation.